PDA

View Full Version : Touch Screen iMac

christianmetalnrock
12-06-2007, 12:52 PM
This is cool if anybody is interested...

http://www.trolltouch.com/imac.html

robot[of]rock
12-06-2007, 07:31 PM
what do you do that you have time to track this stuff down and are they hiring?

christianmetalnrock
12-07-2007, 02:19 PM
rock;218777']what do you do that you have time to track this stuff down and are they hiring?

http://www.macminute.com/

And yes, they just hired several hundred new temporary employees to help with the holiday rush..

robot[of]rock
12-07-2007, 03:01 PM
i personally am a fan of macdailynews.com but recently it's been filled with stories of iphone and such.. don't get me wrong, i love my iphone, but i love mac too!

christianmetalnrock
12-07-2007, 08:04 PM
rock;218805']i personally am a fan of macdailynews.com but recently it's been filled with stories of iphone and such.. don't get me wrong, i love my iphone, but i love mac too!

Hehe, its OK to really like your Mac's and iPhone, but I don't think its healthy to actually love them..:D

Pedro
12-10-2007, 10:45 PM
I strongly dislike their products, so I'm good to go. :D

christianmetalnrock
12-15-2007, 04:13 PM
I strongly dislike their products, so I'm good to go. :D

Very sorry to hear that, I imagine you were first introduced to the computer world via a different OS. Of course my first computer experience was here at Apple. And as everybody knows, once you go Mac, you never go back, and I'm sure Kutless can back me up on that :D

Pedro
12-15-2007, 07:25 PM
Actually it's not the quality of the OS I dislike. I'm just not impressed with the state of our culture in general. I just hate how we need to have the next cool little feature on every piece of electronics we get....we constantly have to upgrade to the next awesome feature, when it only gives us pleasure until we hear about the next innovation. Now that seemingly new feature sucks. Where are we going at this rate? I happen to dislike Apple because they appear to be the leading "innovator" of this type of thing. It's all just marketing; just for money (the root of all evil). You may argue that our lives are better with these kinds of products, but the truth is we're not; dig a little deeper after you at first shut out that idea. I don't mean to sound preachy here, it's just something I've been thinking about lately..

stmomma
12-16-2007, 02:18 AM
just for money (the root of all evil).

It's not money that's the root of all evil, but "the love of money."

1 Timothy 6:10 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=61&chapter=6&verse=10&version=50&context=verse)
For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

While you do have a point about "the next thing," having it or having the money isn't the problem. I see more of a problem with peeps who are never happy with what they have. Nothing is ever good enough...for long anyway. If we learn to be happy with whatever we have then it doesn't really matter if we have much or little.

Philippians 4:12 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=57&chapter=4&verse=12&version=31&context=verse)
I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.

John
12-16-2007, 07:36 AM
Interestingly enough, I'm quite happy with my toys. That's probably because I bought them for myself. I don't see anything wrong, however, with buying new and better things if you can afford it and if you're not shortchanging others by spending money you really should be spending on them.

stmomma
12-16-2007, 02:39 PM
I too, am happy with my toys and if something happens to them (we've lost a number of belongings, first in a fire then years later a burglary) oh well. When I can I'll get more and if not, I know how to be happy when I'm poor too.

Pedro
12-16-2007, 03:33 PM
It's not money that's the root of all evil, but "the love of money."

1 Timothy 6:10 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=61&chapter=6&verse=10&version=50&context=verse)
For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

While you do have a point about "the next thing," having it or having the money isn't the problem. I see more of a problem with peeps who are never happy with what they have. Nothing is ever good enough...for long anyway. If we learn to be happy with whatever we have then it doesn't really matter if we have much or little.

Philippians 4:12 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=57&chapter=4&verse=12&version=31&context=verse)
I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.

Well, that's more of the point I was trying to make. I don't explain things very well :)

Chris
12-17-2007, 08:19 AM
Actually it's not the quality of the OS I dislike. I'm just not impressed with the state of our culture in general. I just hate how we need to have the next cool little feature on every piece of electronics we get....we constantly have to upgrade to the next awesome feature, when it only gives us pleasure until we hear about the next innovation. Now that seemingly new feature sucks. Where are we going at this rate? I happen to dislike Apple because they appear to be the leading "innovator" of this type of thing. It's all just marketing; just for money (the root of all evil). You may argue that our lives are better with these kinds of products, but the truth is we're not; dig a little deeper after you at first shut out that idea. I don't mean to sound preachy here, it's just something I've been thinking about lately..
That's just the way technology works. I would attribute most of those ideas you are talking about to Microsoft. Yes, Apple is trying to make money, but Microsoft uses the technology of other companies to make money. For example, Windows, XBox, Zune...

MetalRocker
12-17-2007, 09:00 AM
uuh, just my 2 cents. touch screen is genius, but impractical for guys who work..it would get damaged to easy..but still a great piece of technology.

Tromos
12-17-2007, 10:17 AM
And as everybody knows, once you go Mac, you never go back, and I'm sure Kutless can back me up on that :D

Must be a personal experience. I used nothing but Apple products (IIc, IIe, Macintosh) for the first 10 years of my computing life (ages 9 - 19). First PC clone I used was in my 3rd year of college. I've had no desire to ever go back.