PDA

View Full Version : Facebook

MetalRocker
08-29-2007, 05:06 PM
Aight, so there's this big epeidemic at my school which is called facebook.com. it is a site that allows you to stay connected w/ ppl you will never see again or ppl you have never met. i admit, i am a victim of this epidemic.
and its the funnest waste of time ever. anyone else us it?

John
08-29-2007, 06:09 PM
I've been with it for almost a year, now. It used to be wickedly amazing. Then they started letting high-schoolers in. Then they just opened up admission to anyone with an email address. Then they added a bunch of applications that send me multiple emails daily.

I like Facebook, but really don't like where it's been going as of recent.

Pedro
08-29-2007, 06:16 PM
Amen.

kutlessfrk
08-29-2007, 06:58 PM
I don't have it but everyone around me has it and they all think its lame now....they used to think it was uhhhmazing though.

MetalRocker
08-29-2007, 08:19 PM
i like goofing off on it...up here (ontario) its all teenagers that have been using it

kutlessfrk
08-29-2007, 08:42 PM
A couple months ago there were some people from a high school in my city who took pictures of them doing ...wrong things...in their school uniforms on school grounds. and they put them up on facebook and somehow parents and teachers found out and they were suspended or kicked out of the school. and there was also a bunch of teacher hating groups or something that were also discovered that the schools found out about. and yea..people got in trouble.

some people are just stupid with it.

MetalRocker
08-29-2007, 08:45 PM
^thats true too

Pedro
08-29-2007, 09:17 PM
The majority of the "groups" are lame..that got old really quick. That's why I started this group

http://kent.facebook.com/group.php?gid=4513495447

John
08-29-2007, 09:46 PM
What were they doing? Smoking the reefer?

MetalRocker
08-30-2007, 08:21 PM
^huh wha?

John
08-30-2007, 09:48 PM
^huh wha?

A couple months ago there were some people from a high school in my city who took pictures of them doing ...wrong things...in their school uniforms on school grounds. and they put them up on facebook and somehow parents and teachers found out and they were suspended or kicked out of the school. and there was also a bunch of teacher hating groups or something that were also discovered that the schools found out about. and yea..people got in trouble.

some people are just stupid with it.
:?.

kutlessfrk
08-30-2007, 11:02 PM
reefer?

I think they were drinking and doing some sort of drug...

ChristFlame
08-31-2007, 11:10 AM
reefer?

I think they were drinking and doing some sort of drug...

reefer = marijuana = a drug ;)

kutlessfrk
08-31-2007, 11:59 AM
ah. thanks. :-p

MetalRocker
08-31-2007, 03:15 PM
i feel so enllightened..wait, im floating. never mind

arwengirl
09-04-2007, 11:40 AM
I am not allowed on there because I cannot give out certain info and the web forces you to give the info i am not allowed to give out, out to them and the whole world .

Pedro
09-04-2007, 04:14 PM
Well, with facebook, only people you've accepted as friends see such info (asuming you're talking about full names, adresses, email etc.). If you don't have a facebook acount, you can't even browse the site. if you do, but someone isn't your friend, you only see their name and their picture.

arwengirl
09-04-2007, 08:02 PM
I know that alot of my friends go on face book.

LIZZO
09-12-2007, 09:33 PM
I prefer to do:
-MySpace
-Gaia
-Quizilla
-This place
-and... my mind just went blank...

ChristFlame
09-13-2007, 04:38 PM
I've been on Facebook for almost 3 years now and I like it pretty well. I don't spend a ton of time on there, but it's decent to get on there once in awhile. There are some things about it I like better than MySpace (the main one is the fact that on Facebook people can't go absolutely nuts with their pages and make them take too long to load, make them impossible to read with crazy colors, etc.), but there are things I like better about MySpace, as well.

kutlessfrk
09-19-2007, 11:36 PM
i just got facebook. i should be in bed..but i randomly decided to get it :D

its so confusing!

Pedro
09-20-2007, 12:33 AM
It's a little strange. Just get out of forum mode with peoples walls..you typically don't post on your own wall, you have conversations by writing on other peoples walls...so it's like your talking with different people, but they all can see your individual conversations..kinda strange..

LIZZO
09-20-2007, 03:46 PM
Writing on walls.
XDDD

Blackbeltguitar
12-03-2007, 04:54 PM

Judge, I'd like to present this as exibit "A" for "Why Not To Do Drugs"

I posted the lyrics to writing on the walls on someones wall. (She hates underoath!! LOL)

MetalRocker
12-09-2007, 04:42 PM
yea i'll admit facebooks really screwed up...i use it to keep in touch w/ ppl