PDA

View Full Version : Need total prayer right now

TFK_rawker
06-15-2006, 12:28 AM
I need some total prayer for you guys and girls out there right now. Its my sister,shes going down a really hard road right now and i dislike seeing it like this. she's not saved and id love to save her,shes 20,im 14,ive never saved anyone so i dont know what to do.i really want my sister to get saved. need some advice

kutless4724
06-15-2006, 01:46 AM
just pray and believe...

Talk to her... see what's on her mind.

6 years is a difference, but it doesn't matter. You are her sister. There's a 3 year difference between my sister and me, but we're really good friends. Talk to her... help her... pray for her... talk about Jesus and what he did for her. Tell her how you feel. Ask her how she feels.

If all of this doesn't work, just keep praying and have faith that one day God will change her life around so your sister doesn't go down a wrong path.

TFK_rawker
06-15-2006, 01:50 AM
thanks...ill try some talking,just gotta say,im not the best talker. i mean ...no im not the best talker,pray that God will give me the right words to say.

kutless4724
06-15-2006, 01:54 AM
God will give you the words. Don't say things that can pull you down. Think of encouraging. As a matter of fact, encourage your sis. Don't leave her side. She will look for help and someone needs to stand by and hold her up again. Let that be you.

Tromos
06-15-2006, 06:30 AM
I need some total prayer for you guys and girls out there right now. Its my sister,shes going down a really hard road right now and i dislike seeing it like this. she's not saved and id love to save her,shes 20,im 14,ive never saved anyone so i dont know what to do.i really want my sister to get saved. need some advice

Too much pressure on yourself there, Beth. None of us have ever saved anyone. Only Jesus can do that.

So now you say "Yeah, yeah, that's what I meant"

I don't think it is. You seem to think that it's your responsibility to convince your sister to accept Jesus. It's not. You cannnot change her heart. Only Jesus can do that. Seriously. I don't know who talked to you before you were saved, but they didn't save you. They were a witness, that's all. You chose to open your heart and Jesus came in and changed you. That's the only way it ever works.

So don't expect yourself to save her. You can't. You won't. Love her. Live your life as a daughter of God, as the adopted sister of Jesus, and be happy and joyful in His love. That's the best witness you can give. Talk but don't preach. Answer her questions if she asks them, but don't be pushy about it. The Lord is normally pretty subtle about these things and you are now His tool. Let Him use you - don't expect to be able to guide His hand, that's not the role of the tool.

Listen for the voice of God and be open to what he would have you do. But it's His plan to execute, not yours.

TFK_rawker
06-15-2006, 11:25 AM
^ last night was just a huge shock,i didnt know what to do or type,things just came out so fast,i was so confused,i needed God so much last night then i have ever needed Him. And u are right Tromos,i cant save my sister,thats God's work,His and only His.Im just the lil guidence person helping my sister get to talk about somethings ,rest is up to God to do what he wants with her heart. Thanks Tromos for reminding me all that.

kutlessmania
06-15-2006, 12:35 PM
Dave, you are right.

dimeolas
06-16-2006, 11:36 PM
If I may ask, whats she going thru? What you can do is to be there for her....maybe she will hit a pothole and need someone to talk to and the shock will make her heart ready to listen....what you can do is to plant the Word of God in her heart....dont worry about results....we dont ever know where it leads.....does your sister read?
dim

TFK_rawker
06-17-2006, 05:24 PM
She's just stumbling,I would rather not say ,at this point i dont think it matters,just the point that she needs God in her heart right now. And no she doesnt read. she hasnt been to church in a while,mainly cause she works almost all the time on sunday mornings.

dimeolas
06-18-2006, 12:21 AM
...does she realize that things are going wrong? And is she at least open to the possibility of God?
Years ago when I was in a bad way...I went down to Waco to see a good bud of mine who was at Baylor University......we talked for awhile and then he drove me over to his church. Above the doorway was a sign that read...`Have hope, all yee who enter here`.....he took me down to the podium and opened the bible and read a few verses...they talked about how God would never let us go thru anything that we couldnt make it thru...that He would always give us the strength to make it. Sometimes we would fly, at other times run, maybe just walk, and just maybe crawl our way thru. But always make it.
needless to say that made one big impression on me......
dim