PDA

View Full Version : Pillar forum

dimeolas
04-28-2006, 12:47 AM
.....I started to read the links they gave me about how they decide what books to believe etc....its bad, real bad....they are saying that paul is making stuff up and he contradicts what jesus says. And I read the verses they quote and they do not understand them at all. Without understanding and without the inspiration of the holy spirit they are picking apart scripture and decidng for themselves what is real......I feel like i`m looking at a desert.......can anyone suggest some good reading on this subject......shoot how about a good bible bookstore online...getting a lil tired of Amazon.
dim

Tromos
04-28-2006, 08:17 AM
I guess there's always familychristian.com

And I'm getting a little concerned for you, dim. It seems like you're putting the salvation of the people on the Pillar boards on your own shoulders. Like somehow if you don't have the logic and persuasiveness to make them understand their folly and they end up in hell it will be your fault. It's obvious that you care for these people and that their stubbornness frustrates you. But are you doing this for God, for them, or for yourself? If your frustration is causing you to become angry and agitated, then the situation is probably pulling you down more than it's pulling them up. Don't let Satan use your pride to pull you down in the name of Spiritual correctness.

Be faithful. Be steadfast. But remember that you cannot change their hearts. Only God can do that.

J-Fluff
04-28-2006, 09:22 AM
I totally agree with Dave. I think it's great that you are over there standing up for the truth, but you can't let it cause you damage. I go over to tfk all the time, trying to put my two cents in where I can, and maybe plant some seeds, bring a few back over to the "light side". But I come back over here every day and get refreshed and encouraged by friends who understand what I'm doing, and help me stay focused.

That being said, when Phil gets home, I'll point him to this thread. He does A LOT of debating on a site called theologyonline.com . He will more than likely be able to find you some specific literature, online, to use. He may even be able to post a link for you.

PS- My husband is the smartest, handsomest man in the world. :smitten: :smitten:

dimeolas
04-28-2006, 11:41 AM
well, they have lost me....the threads of...well if you believe this then you must believe or accept that.....they seek to pull you into their rules. Nice little tactic...well you will think that this is true or sounds true so then swallow this.
Example....if man does have free will then you must agree that he has messed up the Bible and it cant be true. And if you believe that the Bible is inspired and inerrant, then man does not have free will.
What got me to leave tho was asking a few simple questions and getting a terse...well we were talking about this on another thread...i`ll give you the links but next time find them yourself. but those werent exactly what I was asking.
What a bed of...and they think they are christians.......I asked who they profess and no answer.......where they are at....trying to prove and to disoprove, and the philosophical arguements is where I was 25 years ago....I believed in a dead faith....now I cant stomach it.....its like they are blind.
dim

J-Fluff
04-28-2006, 12:25 PM
Oh my Gracious!!!!!!

I went over there and peeked around for a minute...

Holy frijoles!! Those people are twisted!! They have no idea what being a Christian means!

"The spirit of Jesus is in us all and we don't need the bible, just listen to the voice within you, the kingdom of God is within you, blah blah blah..."

No way!!!!!!!! Wow!!!! Where do they come up with this (for lack of a better word) poop?

outtathadark
04-28-2006, 12:38 PM
LOL....poop....yeah...that's definitely an accurate description.

why conform to the Word of God, when you can conform the word to your beliefs.

John
04-28-2006, 12:43 PM
That's some crazy, uh, poop. I was one a posting member of that forum, yet never noticed that.

Band-aide
04-28-2006, 12:46 PM
why conform to the Word of God, when you can conform the word to your beliefs.

The Bible was most definatly not meant for that..but sadly so many people do nowadays

J-Fluff
04-28-2006, 12:55 PM
That's some crazy, uh, poop. I was one a posting member of that forum, yet never noticed that.

On the "Christian Life" board, in the " The bible(doesn't help)" thread. But if you go over there to look, be warned, it's pretty sad. Dim was right, they do try to conform the word to their own wants. That is, when they're not discounting it all together. There did seem to be a few who were standing up and speaking the truth though.

John
04-28-2006, 01:43 PM
Ah, how they need moderators...

outtathadark
04-28-2006, 01:46 PM
Ah, how they need moderators...

REAL moderators

dimeolas
04-28-2006, 01:59 PM
yea, I understand...all i can do is to put it out there....and I know that its not them...its the spirit of falseness that is behind them......it just makes me want to fight seeing God`s truth so twisted.....and His people so lost....and what about people who are questioning and yearning for truth and maybe they are attracted there by the band....what will they see? They will see people who appear to be Christian and fall prey to their lies. therein lies the abyss. perhaps the key is to just go in and post scripture and tell the truth, and somehow ignore the return fire. I`m afraid tho that it will have to be someone better than me.
Thx for the support guys,
dim

J-Fluff
04-28-2006, 02:36 PM
dimeolas

what kind of resources do you need? I have a huge list of sites to help you with these guys. Matter of fact; i think i will pay that site a visit. Look for Azrael777. Let me know what you need brother. I will try my best to help you find it.

Fluffy's Husband
Azrael777

dimeolas
04-28-2006, 02:44 PM
Great to see ya bro.....here`s my deal....up until a few years ago i was floating and falling. I was saved in 1975 but went to college and went searching.....came back to God when i realized that I was testing every other religion for truth by the Word of God. And the thought hit me...duh, then why not just go back to that truth? Well lost but slowly moving up until a few years ago and then esp when i discovered christian Rock and the esp esp the SDS board and friends there...my heart got a fast and holding conviction to accelerate back to God.
Mom from SDS (Kelly) got me hooked on Lucado...have a Shaeffer and a Colson from long ago.
Amazon I dont trust and its rough finding anything on there. So maybe a couple good bookstores online. We have one or two here in town but limited material. Also any other good authors or study guides to go along with bible study be good. Anything that tackles the tough issues of life.
Ok thx again and am off to work...
dim

dimeolas
04-29-2006, 01:59 AM
alright its doen, deleted.....the girl who didnt have time to talk and short replied me to go find it meself........i replied i`m sorry you dont have the time and blessed her in Gods name. i was impolitely told this was rude and uppitty. Was also told that because man has free will and could choose to deny God....that he could have screwed up the bible...and thus he must have screwed up the bible.....that it was the message and not the words.....and I realized that they dont know god at all...they are just beating a dead book, that they dont understand and isnt alive for them. Just another part of creating for themselves........
...when I see the lies and I understand what they are doing and I ache for them, and it makes me mad that they will decieve people, and pull them away from god....from the truth. It makes me mad...that people who think that they know better than anyone else.....and are spreading lies. God isnt proved by philosophy. By logic, or in a lab.
I have been insukted and lied to enough over there....someone else will have to go.
dim

John
04-29-2006, 08:17 AM
Great to see ya bro.....here`s my deal....up until a few years ago i was floating and falling. I was saved in 1975 but went to college and went searching.....came back to God when i realized that I was testing every other religion for truth by the Word of God. And the thought hit me...duh, then why not just go back to that truth? Well lost but slowly moving up until a few years ago and then esp when i discovered christian Rock and the esp esp the SDS board and friends there...my heart got a fast and holding conviction to accelerate back to God.
Mom from SDS (Kelly) got me hooked on Lucado...have a Shaeffer and a Colson from long ago.
Amazon I dont trust and its rough finding anything on there. So maybe a couple good bookstores online. We have one or two here in town but limited material. Also any other good authors or study guides to go along with bible study be good. Anything that tackles the tough issues of life.
Ok thx again and am off to work...
dim
Dim,

www.ChristianBook.com is good. They have some excellent prices.
I have personally found Amazon to be very good, and you can find just about any book there.
Also check out Half.com